The awards, in their 15th edition, welcomed 365 guests on October 9 in Madrid, Spain to celebrate outstanding achievements in pharma across 17 different categories
CPhI Worldwide, organized by UBM (part of Informa PLC), has announced the winners of the prestigious 2018 CPhI Pharma Awards.
The awards, in their 15th edition, welcomed 365 guests on October 9 in Madrid, Spain to celebrate outstanding achievements in pharma across 17 different categories.
Among the awards presented, ‘CEO of the Year’ went to Laurent Levy, PhD, the founder and CEO of Nanobiotix who has propelled the company to the forefront of oncological nanomedicine development.
Nanobiotix also received the award for ‘Pharma Company of the Year’. The company is pioneering new approaches in cancer treatment and fast becoming the leading nanomedicine company.
Scientist.com was chosen as the winner of the ‘Regulatory Procedures and Compliance’ award in recognition of its new regulatory and compliance framework, COMPLi, and West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc was granted the ‘Corporate Social Responsibility’ award for delivering good corporate citizenship particularly its recent achievements in environmental sustainability.
In the ‘Patient Centricity’ category, SRS Life Sciences won, thanks to the Unistraw Delivery System, a child focussed approach to pharmaceuticals and supplements delivery. Qualit-e Cloud GmbH received the ‘IT, mHealth & Digitilization’ award for its new web portal. This innovation enables pharmaceutical raw material producers to upload their quality documents and authorise customers and distributors to download.
The 2018 CPhI Pharma Award winner by category:
- Excellence in Pharma: API Development – Artemisinin, Ipca Labs Limited
- Excellence in Pharma: Formulation – Micelle Inside Solubilisation, MiVital AG
- Excellence in Pharma: Excipients – Parteck® MXP Excipient, Merck
- Excellence in Pharma: Manufacturing Technology and Equipment – AqVida filling line, AqVida GmbH
- Excellence in Pharma: Bioprocessing & Manufacturing – Simplification of Fed-Batch Processes Using Modified Amino Acids, Merck
- Excellence in Pharma: Analysis, Testing, and Quality Control – HyperFlux™ PRO Plus, Tornado Spectral Systems
- Excellence in Pharma: Drug Delivery Devices – e-NOVELIA, the smart ophthalmic add-on,
- Nemera. Highly commended – IQ-Dose, Stiplastics
- Excellence in Pharma: Packaging – Dual-Mix®, TECHNOFLEX. Highly commended – QuickFlip™, Aptar Pharma
- Excellence in Pharma: Supply Chain, Logistics & Distribution – UniSecure®, Systech International
- Excellence in Pharma: Contract Services & Outsourcing – Development of a novel bio-catalysed manufacturing route for a generic API, CatSci Ltd. Highly commended – Continuous Flow Centre of Excellence, Cambrex
- Excellence in Pharma: Regulatory and Compliance Framework, COMPLi– Scientist.com
- Excellence in Pharma: Corporate Social Responsibility – Delivering on the Promise of Good Corporate Citizenship, West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc.
- Excellence in Pharma: CEO of the Year – Laurent Levy, Nanobiotix
- Excellence in Pharma: Pharma Company of the Year – Nanobiotix
- Excellence in Pharma: OTC – Excilor 2-in-1 Wart Treatment Device, Medical Brands and Vemedia
- Excellence in Pharma: Patient Centricity – SRS Unistraw Delivery System, SRS Life Sciences Pte Ltd
- Excellence in Pharma: IT, mHealth & Digitalisation – Qualit-e Cloud, Qualit-e Cloud GmbH